Between visiting, critiquing and the fact that my camera was in video mode in my lap, unbeknownst to me, for long periods of time I only ended up with a few shots from the show. So I decided the best thing to do was make a storyboard. Hopefully some of the students will share their photos going forward. There is so much more to see. It was a great show.
Tag Archives: nyfa
The Weekend 4/12/13
I imagine this is what the students at NYFA wish they could be doing. Unfortunately with the show only a day away all caught in a bundle of nerves and anticipation I suspect they look like this …
They’re in the final push before their designs hit the runway in the 9th Annual NYFA Student Fashion Show. So if your free on Saturday come see the creations of :
Cory Ellen Boberg
Til’ then here is another
Blast for This Blogs Past
And in honor of the students and their endeavors this weeks reading list is dedicated to the Business of Fashion. So many, so little time. Good luck!
The Weekend Reading List
- How to Produce a (mini)Fashion Line: Barriers to Entry ~ Annching Wang
- Are you ready for Wholesale? A must Have Checklist. ~Retail Minded
- Designer’s Guide to a business plan ~Fashion Incubator
- Can you talk the “retail” talk? ~Retail Recipes
- Preparing your Pitch to Independent Retailers ~Retail Minded
- 5 Steps to WOO a Retail Buyer! ~ Retail Recipes
- Rejected By a Retailer? Ask Why. ~Retail Minded
- Trade Show Calendar ~ Apparel News
- Ask Grace: Finding the Right Sales Rep ~Oh MY Handmade
- First Versus Third Person Narrative: Theories on Writing Bios for Fashion Businesses ~ Bespoken
- Does Trend Forecasting Really Matter? ~Annching Wang
- Business of Fashion article It’s Time to Talk About Fashion’s Poor Payors. Retailers put the squeeze on young designers.
Runway Beat #2
I am going to continue sharing my ideas for runway music as the students work their way towards the April NYFA Fashion Show. Today’s pick is:
Unchain My Heart ~ Joe Cocker
Another Joe Cocker option lending itself to a lingerie line would be You can leave your hat on.
You must be logged in to post a comment.