So in fact I took the day off of work today. Not because I was out last night on the town for a book launch party. Though I wouldn’t have minded a little sleeping in this morning as an added bonus. Howver that didn’t work out, the recruiter called me at 7:30 to catch up.
No I took the day off because I have so much demanding my attention. Things you need work hours to accomplish. Department of Revenue deadlines looming and such. Not to mention medical records to pick up all over town at various specialists.
If you read my blog you no doubt already know I had a kidney removed in December for a mass that turned out to be cancer. It was caught early (should have been earlier but I digress). In the world of cancer this is a best case scenario scenario. No chemo, no radiation, just surgery and the inevitable wait and watch. For months I felt stuck in an elevator between floors.
Then the time came for my first scan. My doctor warned that something is always found. I nodded confirmation. Sure I thought to myself like the herniated disk in my neck, the inevitable fluid in my abdomen after surgery, scarring from my hysterectomy. Then I imaged I’d move to the next phase of being a young cancer survivor and have another year before a scan and further anxiety. Didn’t work that way for me. I need to have another scan in 6 weeks. Ugh! Back between floors I go.
Anyway I have much to do. I plan to post about the book launch party. Introduce you to a new author, her publisher and the Tango community. But for now there is business to take care of; the DOR and IRS to satisfy, a writer’s process blog post to write for Monday and a twelve years old birthday to get ready for. (Just to list a few).
So see you all Monday on the blog.
Oh and PS the consensus is unanimous that I absolutely butchered my lovely flirtation at the Bevee launch party. Just ask all my friends, my accountant, my threader, even my 60 year old male boss. It has been determined I can not be left to my own devices when it comes to meeting men.
Blast from This Blogs Past
- 2012: Photo Pair ~ Weathered Wear
- 2013: Croquis Pose Quick Sketch Method
- 2013: Never ~ An Independent Film
The Weekend Reading List
- My Life As a Musical ~ Okay so I know I reblogged part 3 this week. But I want you to read Part 1 and then Part 2. Why? Because even if you aren’t a musical theater junkie like me and the author I think you may get a glimpse into why we love it.
- Mercurial Temperament of the Flamingo Murderers Soul ~ Dimitris is a fabulous writer. One I had hoped to introduce you to in next week’s writer’s process blog tour. His schedule prohibited it. But now you can see what he has been up to.
- Why dating in Your 30’s is way better than dating in your 20’s ~ So so true. And if I date in my 40s perhaps I’ll be able to write the next installment.
Being Alive ~ Neil Patrick Harris