As a girl when I was feeling depressed or needed to get away from the world for a moment I loved to just float. I would go into the pool. The stillness and silence as my ears sunk beneath the water’s surface quieted my mind.
It has been a long time since I have had the luxury of floating away. Perhaps being lulled by Baby’s Boat as a little girl programmed me or simply by my very watery Piscean nature. Whatever the source this video took me back to my earliest method of self soothing. Long before I met my teacher and learned the art of meditation and how to truly sooth my soul.
This weekend I have a student Storyboard presentation and then much needed time at home. I have spent the better half of the week fighting with my alarm clock and late starts. I am hoping to catch up and have a better start next week. See you then.
Weekend Reading list:
- The secret Path to Finding Freedom from Our Attachments ~ A Flourishing Life
- From Chaos to Clarity: An Ode to 2011 ~ Huffington post
- 5 Findings that will change the way you tackle clutter ~ Oprah Magazine
- Western union: Lauren Bush & David Lauren’s Wedding ~ Vogue Magazine
- 7 Warnings Signs That you’ve Given Up on Your Dreams ~ Dumb Little Man
- 10 Things you should be able to say before you die ~ Marc & Angel hack life